GCI Project: Smart Water for Green Schools The Shoe Project is a collaboration between Green Cross Japan,Green Cross Swedenand theGreen Belt Movement (GBM)in Kenya, which distributed some 1,000 shoes to children and youth in the Rift Valley, last Febuary. The Shoe Project was made possible through the generous support Mr Shoo Iwasaki, President of Green […]
Based on the outcome of the “Green and Inclusive Economy” Conference organized in Geneva in October 2015, and the vast potential for this sector of activity, Green Cross International is looking for a Sustainable Energy Programme Director to develop activities, build capacity and mobilize resources for this programme area. The position will be based at the Green Cross International headquarters in Geneva and include the development of practical activities worldwide.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant sustainable energy and project experience in the field and in developing partnerships with the private sector.
- Languages: Native English, a good command of French, additional languages an asset.
- Experience in the field of development, particularly working for an international non-profit organization, as well as the ability to organize events, conferences and exhibits is an asset.
- The candidate will require strong networking capacity, communication and negotiation skills, and the ability to take initiative and work independently as part of a cross-functional and multi-cultural team.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously is expected.
Employment conditions: Salary to be determined based on qualifications and experience.
Start date: Immediately
How to apply: Interested candidates (with a valid Swiss work permit ONLY) should send their CV with a letter of motivation to Adam Koniuszewski, Chief Operating Officer of Green Cross International, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 15 May 2016.
- Min.10 years of relevant sustainable energy and project experience
- Experience in the field of development (for an NGO), ability to organize events, conferences and exhibits
- Native English, good command of French, extra language a +
- NGO experience
- Strong Negotiation & Communication skills
Press Release – 28 August 2018 The Swedish authorities are called upon to take action as World Water Week opens in Stockholm. Tuesday 28 August 2018, Geneva, Switzerland –– Green Cross Sweden, with the support of Green Cross International, and along with Urbergsgruppen Grenna-Norra Kärr, denounces the current and proposed mining activities of Tasman Metals […]