To mark Green Cross Internationals 20th anniversary, leading figures of politics, business, science, the environment and civil society have written statements detailing their views on the major challenges facing the world today, and the responses needed to meet these threats.
These enlightening pieces, from close supporters of Green Cross, represent a powerful set of views calling for urgent action to ensure the sustainable, and secure, future of humanity and the planet.
- Mikhail Gorbachev, Founding President, Green Cross International
- Jan Kulczyk, Chairman, Green Cross International
- Jerzy Buzek, MEP, former Polish Prime Minister, former European Parliament President
- Jean-Michel Cousteau, Oceanographer, President Green Cross France et Territoires
- Jonathan Granhoff, President, Global Security Institute
- David King, Director, former UK Government Chief Scientific Adviser
- Alexander Likhotal, President, Green Cross International
- Ruud Lubbers, former Prime Minister, the Netherlands
- José Manuel Barroso, President, European Commission
- Federico Mayor, former Director-General, UNESCO
- Mohan Munasinghe, Chairman, Munasinghe Institute for Development (MIND)
- Rajendra Pachauri, Chairman, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Ismail Serageldin, Director, Bibliotheca Alexandrina